domingo, 23 de maio de 2010

23 de maio de 2010

hi everyone, me again... today was the third day of walk.. just to recap: day 1, Friday 21 May, San Jean Pied de Port to Orisson - 9 km up the Pyrenees, it took me 3 hours to climb (9am to 12pm), ended up doing it alone as the English group I was planning to go with took another route(an easier route that doesn´t go to Orisson) and the Austrian women I was then going with left without me (I was meditating and they thought I had already left!)... Day 2, Saturday 22 May, Orisson to Roncesvalles, still crossing the Pyrenees, 18 Km, it took me 7 hours, from 8am to 3pm, did with the three korean girls; 3rd day, Sun 23 May, today, Roncesvalles to Zubiri, 22 Km, 8 hours, from 7am to 3pm, did again with the korean girls. Today it was really tough. I was planning to go about 5 Km further but my knees were playing up. The blisters on my toes also got much worse, and the hay fever was still there too! I did a lot of the walk on my own, either in front or behind the girls - got in front in the way up and behind on the way down! The last few kms was so painful I started to cry - remembered my sister Eliana who had a similar problem with her knees etc I think in the same stage of this route... Anyway, a French couple took pity on me and slowed down to keep me company for a while, until i met up with the korean girls again...Anyway, i survived, and Im now in Zubiri, at a pub, having a few beers, that is, now Im doing this internet thing while my new friends drink beer... Better go and join them soon... My whole body aches but Im happy and peaceful. Talk again, soon. Thanks for everyone who reads or writes on this blog. Bye for now, Val

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário