quinta-feira, 17 de junho de 2010

17 de junho de 2010 (Triacastela)

Hi there, i´m in Triacastela! After walking more than 32 Km today! This was my record, I wasn´t planning to walk that much but felt ok... now i can relax and only walk just over 20k each day this last week and I´ll arrive in Santiago by 22 June as planned... Today it was a breakthrough for me, really.... I can´t believe I´ve done it! And I feel fine, not in a lot of pain or super tired... I´m definitely much stronger than I was at the beginning... The weather helped, it was beautiful, sunny but not too hot... the morning was actually quite cold which wasn´t too bad to climb the cebreiro!... that´s right, today it was the hardest day as well, apart from climbing the pyrenees... it was a steep climb then a steep down... my knees and ankles were fine!... without anti-inflamatories or painkillers!... I feel so happy... again when I saw some of my younger friends who walk more and faster here, they were initially surprised but then not really... they´re getting used to me turning up from nowhere!... i´m probably the person who walked the most today, because the others who stop here (triacastela) did not start at vega de valcarce, that´s for sure... i arrived at about 4pm, had a shower, left my washing to be done at the albergue and i`m now at a bar for a drink and the internet... forgot to bring the camera to take some pics... this is a very charming place... the albergue i`m in is ok, private, called oribio... location not as great as its at the top of a steep street!... they´re were several but i didn´t know any thing a bout them as i wasnt plannign to stop here so i just got into the first private one i saw... the municipal one was at the entrance of the town and i didbn´t think it would be too good so i skipped that one even if only 5 euros... paid 9 euros in the one i´m in... i´m at a restaurant called rio, argentina and south korea are playing.. tonight france plays mexico... forgot to say, the walk tonight was fantastic, the views were fabulous! took several pics... through hills and valleys, luscious vegetation, cows, etc... very nice to walk in, lots of shade, etc... loved it... that´s me for now, talk soon, love Val

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário